- Collection of personal data
The personal data collected on the Site is the following:
Account creation: when opening a new user account, the user’s first name, last name and email address.
Logging in: when the user logs in to the Site, it records in particular the user’s first name, last name, login details, details of use and location.
Profile: use of the services offered on the Site allows for the compiling of a profile which may include the user’s email address and telephone number.
Payment: as part of payment for the products and services offered on the Site, the Site saves financial data relating to the user’s bank account or credit card.
Cookies: cookies are used as part of the Site’s use. The user has the option to disable cookies through their browser settings.
- Use of personal data
The personal data collected from users is intended for the provision of services on the Site, the improvement of such services and the maintenance of a secure environment. In particular, the personal data is used as follows:
– for the user’s access and use of the Site;
– for managing the operation and optimisation of the Site;
– for the verification, identification and authentication of the data transmitted by the user;
– for the provision of user support;
– for the customisation of services by displaying advertisements based on the user’s browsing history, and according to their preferences;
– for the prevention and detection of fraud, malware (“malicious software”) and the management of security incidents;
– for the management of any potential disputes with users;
– for the submission of sales and advertising information, based on the user’s preferences.
- Sharing of personal data with third parties
Personal data may be shared with third-party companies in the following cases:
– when the user uses payment services for the implementation of these services, the Site establishes contact with third-party banking and financial institutions with whom it is contracted;
– when the user publishes, in free comment areas of the Site, information accessible to the public;
– when the user authorises a third-party website to access their personal data;
– when the Site uses the services of service providers to provide user support, advertising and payment services. These service providers have access to the user’s personal data, albeit limited, as part of the performance of these services, and they have a contractual obligation to use such data in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection regulations;
– if required by law, the Site may transmit data in response to claims made against it, and it complies with the applicable administrative and legal procedures;
– if the Site is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset transfer or bankruptcy proceedings, it may be required to hand over or share all or part of its assets, including personal data. In this event, users shall be informed thereof, before the personal data is transferred to a third party.
- Transfer of personal data
Due to the structure of the company managing the Site, which establishes camp sites outside of the European Union, the user authorises the Site to transfer, store and process personal information in the United States and / or Canada regarding their stays at these camp sites. The laws in force in these countries may differ to the laws in force in the user’s country of residence, within the European Union. By using the Site, the user agrees to transferring their personal data to the United States and Canada. In the United States, the Site remains responsible for the personal data shared with third parties as part of the Privacy Shield. The Site complies with the regulations of the Privacy Shield, a data protection shield between the European Union and the United States, as formulated by the US Department of Commerce concerning the collection, use, and storage of personal data transferred to the United States from the European Union. The Site has made a declaration to the US Department of Commerce that it upholds the principles of the Privacy Shield. In the event of a discrepancy between the clause and the principles of the Privacy Shield, the latter shall prevail.
In the European union the Site also retains responsibility for personal data use in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the European Privacy Act concerning data protection in the private sector.
In Canada and in the province of Quebec, the Site also retains responsibility for personal data use in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Quebec Privacy Act concerning data protection in the private sector.
- Security and confidentiality
The Site implements organisational, technical, software and physical security measures in the digital domain for the protection of personal data against any unauthorised access, modification and destruction. Nonetheless, it should be noted that the internet is not a completely secure environment and the Site cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of information over the internet.
- Exercising of user rights
In applying the regulations applicable to personal data, users have the following rights:
– they may update or delete personal data by logging in to their account and configuring their account settings;
– they may delete their account, by writing to the following address:
HOTEL HORIZON INC, 297 Ch. Maple, Sutton, QC. J0E 2K0 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be noted that information shared with other users, such as through forum posts, may remain visible to the public on the Site, even after the user’s account has been deleted;
– Users may exercise their right of access, to find out the personal data held on them, by writing to the following address: HOTEL HORIZON INC, 297 Ch. Maple, Sutton, QC. J0E 2K0 or email: email@example.com. In this case, prior to exercising this right, the Site may ask the user to provide proof of their identity to verify its accuracy;
– if the personal data held by the Site is inaccurate, they may request that the information be updated, by writing to the following address: HOTEL HORIZON INC, 297 Ch. Maple, Sutton, QC. J0E 2K0 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
– In accordance with data protection laws, users may ask for personal data to be deleted, by writing to the following address: HOTEL HORIZON INC, 297 Ch. Maple, Sutton, QC. J0E 2K0 or email: email@example.com.
- Modifications to this clause
The Site reserves the right to make any modifications to this clause relating to the protection of personal data, at any time. Following any modifications made to this data protection clause, the Site undertakes to publish the new version thereof on its website. The Site shall also inform users about the modification via email, at least 15 days prior to such modifications taking effect. Should users not agree with the terms and conditions of the redrafted personal data protection clause, they have the option to delete their account.